Welcome to Ms. Soule's Math Blog!
In the tradition of SciBabe, Food Hunk, Food Babe, and Chow Babe, I have decided I should have my own alter ego. Unfortunately, Math Babe doesn't exactly work for me. As my students can testify, I'm not exactly a Babe--in fact, I'm more like an old bat. Math Old Bat sounded kind of cumbersome and Math Bat sounded too ambiguous--am I a bat? Batwoman? Baseball Bat? So I used the online thesaurus and most of my options were just as bad as Babe: chic, doxy, doll, honey, floozy, gal, moll, huh?? After trying out a few different synonyms, I settled on Math Dame. Fits my age and status while still lampooning all those Babes and Hunks out there.
This blog will be my personal blog covering many of the topics we are working on in school. In addition, I will do my best to cover some of the issues people are struggling with in the new Common Core State Standards that have been adopted by California.
If there are topics or issues you would like me to discuss, please add them to the comments. If you are my long lost friend who has lost your passport and money while vacationing in Europe, sorry, can't help you there...
Students may post replies to anything I've written here. Just remember that this is a public site and can be accessed by anyone. The appropriate place to do blogging of your own is on KidBlog, which is a sheltered and safe site. If I assign anything in writing, I expect the answer to appear on KidBlog, not on this site.
If you would like to subscribe to this blog, you will be notified anytime a new post appears.
No comments:
Post a Comment