Monday, May 9, 2016

Google Classroom--Yay!

Blog 9--#MTBoS30

Just came to and realized that I'd forgotten to blog today.  Not surprising--it's been a busy day for me. I took the day off so that I could deal with some Mom issues on a weekday.  This has been the biggest drawback of dealing with her declining mental state.  Financial and medical issues must be dealt with, usually on weekdays.  There are only so many spring breaks to go around.  I call them Mom days and tell our secretary they need to add a checkbox for Mom on the absence request.  Today, I had to make several phone calls to deal with different issues, then go talk to her pilates instructor.  After that, I got to drive the 200 miles home so that I can be at school tomorrow.
These sub days used to be so much more stressful than today. Enter Google Classroom.  I love this program because it makes having a sub so much easier.  My sub plan basically looks like: Have the students look on GC for the assignment.  I can look to see if they've turned it in.  I can see if they looked at it, when they looked at it and whether they worked on it but haven't turned it in yet.  They can even send me messages as I have the app on my phone.  If I'm in a place where I can answer, I'll get back to them during class.  It makes planning for a sub so much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment