Post 30 of 30 #MTBoS30
1. I don't need to write 3000 words every time! In fact, I can make a post that is succinct.
2. It's fine to polish these things, but too much polishing is a waste of time.
3. I really can write one post every day. This doesn't mean I have to, but the old trope about "writer's block" really is an old trope. I can always come up with something to write about! (Even if it is just what I have on my walls!)
4. I probably wouldn't have published half of these posts if it hadn't been for blogging every day, but none of them seem like a waste of my time and they all caused me to reflect or think in some way that I might not have. Says something to me about the value of putting my thoughts down.
5. I got a lot of great ideas from reading other people's blogs. I always do.
6. Only about 12 people read my blogs unless I talk about Desmos. I mean, I like Desmos and all, but... does it make me blogger-whore if I mention Desmos just to get more hits?
7. Desmos, Desmos, Desmos!
8. I really need to blog more when I'm not doing a blogging challenge. Maybe I need to set a goal of one post per week or set aside a specific time for blogging. For me, it is often about writing when the inspiration hits or when I get a great topic idea. Maybe I need to start a blog post right then at that point--just a few words or thoughts, then have a time later when I can go back and spend some time writing.
9. How can I turn this into something I could use to help motivate students? I would often forget to blog and go to bed. Then I would remember the blog and I would actually get back up and write something. And I was happy to do it--enjoyed it even! Wouldn't it be great if our homework could inspire that kind of action in our students? I'm giving that one some serious thought.
10. Why is it that ten takeaways seems to be the magic number?
No comments:
Post a Comment