This is exactly what I need. I have 3 partially written posts sitting on my drive waiting for me to decide they are profound enough, or witty enough, or interesting enough to publish. Maybe if I set myself a goal of one post a day, I will learn to get past that "perfect enough" blockade and just write and publish.
So for day one... Happy May Day! In honor of May Day, I'll post a few flower photos.

I took all of these photos on our property. We kind of live out in the middle of the wilderness. This is one of my favorites, Indian Paintbrush. It always manages to appear fluorescent.

Bitterbrush is a member of the rose family. It is one of the important sages as the deer forage on it during the winter. It smells heavenly!
I have an Aunt who lives in Ohio. She was horrified when she came out to visit and found that I hadn't planted a garden.
I told her, "This is my garden."
Maybe she's been living back East for too long where it rains often enough that you don't have to water very much. Or maybe she has just been living too civilized for too long and thinks it is my civic duty to "landscape the yard."
Maybe she just hasn't lived here for a year or two (or 30) like I have. If she did, she might begin to realize what a travesty it would be to plow up acres of sagebrush to "plant something nice." Maybe if she could be here now and see thousands of Tidy Tips sprinkled through the sage waving their happy little yellow and white faces in the breeze, she would understand how impossible it would be to replace them with something "better." Maybe when you live in the wilderness, you should accept it for what it is and take what it offers you knowing that the short burst of beauty that is there in the spring is always there, lurking under the surface, just waiting for the right conditions to reveal its inner light once again.
Maybe I just said something profound about teaching math to children too.
No comments:
Post a Comment